Dear Friends and Neighbors,
In this challenging time, my priority is to make sure you are receiving the important updates surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus – SARS-COV-2). I ask for your continued patience as tough decisions are made on behalf of keeping our families and communities healthy.
Last night, Gov. Jay Inslee addressed the state of Washington. If you missed his address, you can watch it by clicking here.
He issued a statewide “stay home, stay healthy” order. Here is what that means for you, your families, and your businesses:
- Every Washingtonian is required to Stay Home, Stay Healthy for a minimum of 2-weeks.
- This order is not a “shelter in place” order. It's still safe to go outside using social distancing while tending to essential needs such as grocery shopping, getting takeout at a local restaurant, doctor's appointments, physical activity and exercise, or going to work at an essential business.
- All grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations, food supply chains, restaurants for takeout or delivery, childcare providers, and health care facilities will remain open.
- Please avoid the impulse to overstock on groceries and supplies. If everyone sticks to their normal buying habits, there will be enough for everyone – including health care workers, first responders, seniors and others who are ill or vulnerable.
- All non-essential businesses will close. This will help reduce social interactions where this highly contagious virus can spread. The closing of non-essential businesses will happen within the next 48-hours.
- Those businesses that can operate using telework are encouraged to continue this practice.
- The Governor has provided this list of essential businesses.
- To clarify status, or to petition to be added to the essential business list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This order takes effect immediately.
For more information on the Governor's authority and powers during an emergency, please click here.
For more information on the statewide response to COVID-19, please visit the state's official webpage: https://coronavirus.wa.gov/
The House Republican Caucus has also created a website with local, state and federal information and resources. I encourage you to bookmark this website.
If there's anything I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to contact my office at (360) 786-7882. You can also email me at Brad.Klippert@leg.wa.gov. I'm here for you. Together, we will get through these challenging times.
May God richly bless you all! It is indeed an honor to serve you!