Dear Friends and Neighbors,
The 2020 legislative session is underway. We're rounding the final corner of week two. The next 60-days will be fast paced as we debate and vote on policy. Our primary task in the weeks to come will be approving the supplemental operating, transportation, and capital budgets.
Until then, we'll focus our time in our respected committees listening to your testimony on the bills and policy that matter to you.
A call to action | Your voice MATTERS!
Did you know that your voice, your opinion, and your passions have the power to change the outcome of policies being debated in Olympia? Well, let me tell you, your voice MATTERS! I urge you to participate in your REPUBLIC!
Please click on the photo below to watch a video message from me and my colleague, Rep. Skyler Rude of the 16th District.
You've sent me to Olympia to encourage good policy and fight against terrible policy. Even though this is a short 60-day session, we still have a long way to go. With over 1,000 bills already introduced this session, it's unclear at this time what issues will actually be brought forward.
But, let me bring a call to action and remind you to let your voice be heard!
Regardless of the issue, I encourage you to take a stance on any policies, good or bad, that influence you, your family, and/or your business. Stay involved in the legislative process.
I know its wintertime and heading over the passes in snow and ice make it difficult to come to Olympia. I don't want this to discourage you from voicing your thoughts and opinions.
I'm happy to announce that the House will utilize remote testimony for the first time through a pilot program. Several committees will offer the ability for you to testify remotely on the bills and issues being heard. I'm excited for our district. Why? We have a nearby location at Columbia Basin College in Pasco. For a list of the committees offering remote testimony, and instructions on how to sign up, please visit: http://leg.wa.gov/House/Committees/Pages/RemoteTestimony.aspx. I hope you'll take advantage of this opportunity!
Stay up to date!
I'll be sending these email updates throughout session. They'll include information on bills I've sponsored, or co-sponsored, updates on policy moving through our committees, and ultimately the policies we'll be voting for or against once we start House floor action.
I also want to provide you with other helpful links that will keep you informed and updated on the activities happening throughout the Legislature.
- My legislative website | Here you will find my contact information, bio, news releases, email updates, videos, opinion pieces, bills and other information.
- The Washington State Ledger | A news aggregator featuring breaking news, current headlines, policy information, opinions, and more.
- The Current | An online legislative publication from the Washington House Republicans. Click on the link to subscribe.
- Facebook: @wahouserepublicans
- Twitter: @wahousegop
- Instagram: @wahouserepublicans
- TVW | The state's own version of C-SPAN. TVW broadcasts floor and committee action live, and archives all the action.
- Legislature's website | You can find bill reports, committee agendas, and information about upcoming activities in the Legislature.
- Capitol Campus activities and events | Come and let your voice be heard! Find a calendar of legislative events here.
Stay in touch!
Throughout the legislative session, I hope you will take the time to call, email, or visit me in Olympia. I welcome your thoughts and concerns on issues before the Legislature. I look forward to working with you and for YOU!
I know all of us don't always agree on everything all the time, but please know, I still value hearing from you! I enjoy our respectful dialogues, even when we don't agree on the issue.
Thank you again for the opportunity and honor to serve you, your family, and our communities as your State Representative.
May God richly bless you all! Have a great Washington day!