Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I want to remind you Rep. Larry Haler and I, along with Sen. Sharon Brown are hosting town hall meetings this Saturday, Feb. 22. This is a great opportunity for you to express your concerns on issues that are important to you. Hope to see you there! The information is below.
Also included in this e-mail update is “The Week Ahead” list of bills and public hearings to keep you informed on what is happening in Olympia and give you the opportunity to possibly testify or offer comment on bills that could impact you. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the legislation. Please note: some of these bills I support, some I do not. I share these bills with you so you can help me support the good bills and oppose poor legislation.
The 8th District town meetings will be held Saturday, Feb. 22 at the following locations and times:
8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Richland City Hall/Council Chamber
505 Swift Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
West Richland Library
3803 W. Van Giesen
West Richland, WA 99353
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Kennewick City Hall Council Chambers
210 W. 6th Ave.
Kennewick, WA 99336
The Week Ahead
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19
- Pierce County Federal Air Quality Standards Compliance Update – Work Session – House Environment Committee , House Hearing Room (HHR) C @ 8:00 a.m.
- Access to Underage Alcohol and Marijuana Since the Passage of I-1183 and I-502 – Work Session – House Early Learning & Human Services Committee, HHR C @ 8:00 a.m.
- REVENUE FORECAST – John A. Cherberg Building, Senate Hearing Rm 3 @ 10:00 a.m.
- Increasing the GPA Requirement for the State Need Grant – Public Hearing on House Bill 2615 – House Higher Education Committee, HHR A @ 1:30 p.m.
- Creating the State Need Pay It Forward Program – Public Hearing on House Bill 2619 – House Higher Education Committee, HHR A @ 1:30 p.m.
- Sexually Violent Predators – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 5965 – House Public Safety Committee, HHR D @1:30 p.m.
- Sex Offender Community Custody Conditions – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 6069 – House Public Safety Committee, HHR D @1:30 p.m.
- Coercion of Involuntary Servitude – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 6339 – House Public Safety Committee, HHR D @1:30 p.m.
- Caseload and Revenue Forecast Update – Work Session – House Appropriations Committee, HHR A @ 3:30 p.m.
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 20
- De Facto Changes in Water Rights for Irrigation Purposes that Involved Conversion to More Efficient Irrigation Technologies – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 5199 – House Agriculture & Natural Resources Committee, HHR C @ 8:00 a.m.
- Aerospace Training Student Loan Program – Work Session – House Labor & Workforce Development Committee, HHR D @ 8:00 a.m.
- Regarding Adult Basic Education – Work Session – House Higher Education Committee, HHR A @ 8:00 a.m.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21
- Drilling of Natural Gas & Tidal Generation Right-of-Way – Work Session – House Technology & Economic Development Committee, HHR B @ 1:30 p.m.
Have a great Washington day!