Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Just a reminder, I am not advocating “for” or “against” any of the bills in this e-mail update. This update is to keep you informed on what is happening in Olympia and give you the opportunity to possibly testify or offer comment on bills that could impact you. For those of you who have sent e-mail; THANK YOU! Your comments are appreciated.
I told you there would not be a public hearing list over the next week or so. However, there are a few work sessions and public hearings in the morning next week before we start floor debate each day. The list is below.
Also, Sen. Brown and I are hosting Town Hall Meetings in the Tri-Cities on Saturday, March 16, 2013. This is a great opportunity for you to express your concerns on issues that are important to you. Hope to see you there!
Town hall meeting schedule:
Saturday March 16, 2013
8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Richland City Hall/Council Chamber
505 Swift Blvd.
Richland, WA 99352
10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
West Richland Library
3803 W. Van Giesen
West Richland, WA 99353
1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Kennewick City Hall Council Chambers
210 W. 6th Ave
Kennewick, WA 99336
Thank you ALL!
MONDAY, MARCH 4
- Floor Action Only @ 10:00 a.m.
TUESDAY, MARCH 5
- Excusing Absences for Military Service – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 5343 – Higher Education Committee, House Hearing Rm. A @ 8:00 a.m.
- Capping Presidential Bonuses in Higher Education – Public Hearing on House Bill 1176 – Higher Education Committee, HHR A @ 8:00 a.m.
- Governor Inslee's Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction Workgroup Legislation – Public Hearing on House Bill 1915 – Environment Committee, House Hearing Rm. B @ 8:00 a.m.
- Initiative & Referendum Reform – Public Hearing on I-517 – Government Operations and Elections Committee, House Hearing Rm. E @ 8:00 a.m.
- Vehicle Prowling – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 5053 – Public Safety Committee, House Hearing Rm. D @ 8:30 a.m.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 6
- Genetically Engineered Foods – Public Hearing on I-522 – Technology and Economic Development Committee with Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee, House Hearing Rm. B @ 8:00 a.m.
- Labor Market & Economic Report – Work Session – Labor and Workforce Development Committee, House Hearing Rm. D @ 8:00 a.m.
- Update on Washington's Housing Market – Work Session – Community Development, Housing and Tribal Affairs Committee, House Hearing Rm. E @ 8:00 a.m.
- Eliminating the Death Penalty – Public Hearing on House Bill 1504 – Judiciary Committee, House Hearing Rm. A @ 8:30 a.m.
THURSDAY, MARCH 7
- Update on Skill Centers – Work Session – Education Committee with Capital Budget Committee, House Hearing Rm. A @ 8:00 a.m.
FRIDAY, MARCH 8
- Property Tax Exemptions for Wildlife Habitat Improvements – Public Hearing on Senate Bill 5593 – Finance Committee, House Hearing Rm. A @ 8:00 a.m.
- Impacts of Climate Change on WA's Natural Resources – Work Session – Capital Budget Committee, House Hearing Rm B @ 8:00 a.m.